Contact & FAQs

Contact Us

Southwest Washington Workforce Development Council (SWWDC)

SWWDC is located in downtown Vancouver, Washington. Parking is available on the street at metered parking spots.
Free parking may be available in the parking lot on the corner of Evergreen and Broadway.

805 Broadway St.
Suite 412
Vancouver, WA 98660
Phone: 360.567.1070
Fax: 360.567.1054

Media Inquiries:
Julia Maglione
Communications Manager


Address or Intersection:
State: ZIP Code:

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Are you WorkSource?
No, but WorkSource is one of our partners and contractors.

Can I apply for WIA funds with you?
No. You will need to do this at Vancouver WorkSource Town Plaza or Kelso WorkSource.

How do I apply for training funds and/or WIA scholarships for training?
The Vancouver WorkSource Town Plaza holds an information session the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at 3 p.m. The session will provide an overview of services and give you the next steps in signing up for WIA. In addition, both the Vancouver and Kelso offices allow you the oppportunity to come in and meet with an Employment Specialist to discuss training options. An Employment Specialist will review your employment and education history as well as your skills and qualifications. If training may be an option, the Employment Specialist will refer you to WIA.

I was denied/deemed ineligible for WIA funds. What do I do now?
Several factors are reviewed before opportunities for retraining are determined. The WIA program is a federal program that provides services to job seekers such as job search assistance, and when necessary, training and/or skill upgrades.

Training is not an entitlement of the WIA program. This program is based on eligibility. Once enrolled, the job seeker and Employment Specialist formulate an individual employment plan to meet their self-defined goals. If a job seeker is denied funding for training, the job seeker will receive reasons for denial (i.e. it may be the job seeker needs to reapply for funding the following quarter; the customer has in-demand skills; or WIA will provide intensive job search assistance) and be provided with the next steps in providing assistance. If the job seeker would like additional information he/she can contact the Training Manager at


I have a complaint about how my case was handled at WorkSource; who do I talk to?
If you have a complaint regarding how your case was handled, please contact the WIA Supervisor. In Vancouver, the contact information is; and in Kelso, the contact information is

I am a veteran and need training and job search assistance. Who do I talk to and what programs are available for me?
We have veteran representatives available at both WorkSource offices (Vancouver and Kelso). Please check in at the WorkSource front desk and tell the staff person that you are a vet and would like to speak to a representative.

I'm out of work and my unemployment has run out. I need emergency assistance; who do I talk to?
Emergency assistance can vary depending on your needs. You can always speak to a WorkSource representative and they can provide you with resource information. You may also call 211; or, if you have a computer with internet access, log-on to for community services in Southwest Washington. WorkSource provides computer use at no charge from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday.



SWWDC   |   805 Broadway St., Suite 412   |   Vancouver, WA 98660   |   360.567.1070

© 2011 Southwest Washington Workforce Development Council